These are some lives we have help and give support...
Through support from our donors, as our aim is to help reduce vulnerability to certain group of people such as women and children, over the last 3 years we have approved free interest loans and grants to approximately 20 families mainly in Siem Reap and Kompong Thom province. The business in which we have approved loans and grant for family especially widow women dealing with:
- Agriculture such as chicken raising, piggery raising and duck raising
- Selling souvenir products to tourists
- Moto taxi services to serve tourists as tuk tuk service in tourism town of Siem Reap
- Growing organic vegetables to supply to hotels, restaurants and super market in the tourism town of Siem Reap
- Opening art shop selling painting to tourists
- Establishing responsible community base project that involves local farmers in providing homestay and ox-cart ride service to visitors to Angkor Archeological Park
The financial crisis have had a great impact on tourism in Cambodia and thus on the business that received the loans or grants. The only business that is doing exceptionally well and successful during the turbulence time are the agriculture business especially in chicken and duck raising business. Other business are doing poorly due to its reliance on tourism which have been affected largely by the the financial crisis.
For more detail on this project, visit the project website at